Art for a Cure - The robot series by Mitutake Nishimura

Starting this year with some new customized toys. I was invited to participate in the Art for a Cure show featuring the robot resin toys by Mitutake Nishimura. His resin toys are amazing! This art show is curated by The Mattia Fagnoni Association and will take place at Castel dell’Ovo in Naples, Italy from Jan 27th till Feb 20th, 2017.

Art for a cure custom art show
 Custom toy design and Photography: © Marianne Roosa

It was my first time to customize a resin toy. It was an interesting process because the toys arrived in small packages. They had to be assembled. At first I did not know where to start. There were so many pieces! Then I do what I usually do and just go with the flow. I let my feelings guide me and see what I end up with. I had some difficulty choosing the color. Should I go for the cool colors like gunmetal and blue or let nature and old industry inspire me? I decided to go for the green and copper colors.

Custom Resin Toys

Customized Resin Toys
Custom toy design and Photography: © Marianne Roosa

I am pleased with the end result but I wish I had time to make a special diorama for the toys. I became sick at the end of last year and ran out of time. Never mind… not making a diorama will give the buyer the flexibility to display the toys as they see fit.


ART FOR A CURE - THE ROBOT SERIES BY MITUTAKE NISHIMURA
CASTEL DELL'OVO
NAPLES, ITALY
JAN 27th - FEB 20th, 2017

Comments