Cherry Blossom Season

Cherry blossom season is one of my favorite seasons of the year. The Hanami festivals in Japan have inspired me to bring some Cherry blossom joy into my own garden. If you can't go to Japan it is always possible to bring a little bit of Japan to you. Although I have a small garden I did manage to plant two Cherry blossom trees and two Magnolias. Every year the blossom is getting more and more beautiful. The Cherry blossom trees are also a great backdrop for toy photography.

The trees are in full bloom now so this week I went into my garden with some of my toys for a photo shoot. Even though the weather wasn't really sunny I did manage to take some beautiful photos. It is so much fun to actually play with the toys instead of just place them on a shelf or in a display cabinet. The only downside of taking the toys outside is that it can happen that toys get damaged because they fall while taking a photo. So my advice is not to take your expensive toys outside.

The Oneyes Blog - Toy photography2 

Photography: © Marianne Roosa / Toys: Wandering Misfits by Kathie Olivas and Brandt Peters - Thimblestump Hollow by Amanda Louise Spayd and Chris Ryniak.

Comments