Living with toys: under the dome

Like most collectors I displayed my collection of art toys in Detolfs (display cabinets from IKEA) or on shelves. But even then I always made little displays of toys instead of just placing them on the shelf. So I thought it would be fun to share some of my creative ideas with you.

Today I want to show you the possibilities with candle holders and glass domes. I usually buy these items at stores like IKEA or Xenos. Cheap items that will make great displays for art toys!

The Oneyes Blog - Toy display 1
Styling and Photography: © Marianne Roosa 

Things you need to create this display: 
- candle holders (different sizes and different materials) 
- glass domes (small ones in different sizes) 
- ribbons 

Sometimes the glass domes don't fit on the candle holder. No problem... just turn the candle holder upside down and use it to place your glass dome on! When the bottom is hollow or is not looking good you can place a circular wooden candle holder on top. That will be the base to place your glass dome on.

The ribbon you can use to add some color accents. The patterns and colors can be seasonal or just be inspired by the color of the toys. Later this month I will show you an idea for a Halloween themed display. Instead of ribbons you can also make your own little garland that you can wrap around the dome. In this photo I have used one as a background decoration. You can even create little still lifes within the dome. The possibilities of using glass domes are endless!

I hope that I have inspired you to be creative with the way how you display your toys. Have fun!

Comments